TraumaIf your child has a serious injury or illness, specialized trauma care can make all the difference. Our trauma centers are staffed around the clock with highly trained professionals and are equipped with advanced technology and capabilities.
Trauma Center at Hackensack University Medical Center
The trauma center at Hackensack University Medical Center has been verified as a Level 1 Trauma Center by the Verification Review Committee (VRC), an ad hoc committee of the Committee on Trauma (COT) of the American College of Surgeons (ACS).
We provide specialized trauma care for critically injured adults and children throughout the New Jersey-New York region. New trauma resuscitation rooms feature the latest, leading-edge technology. A dedicated emergency medical transportation helicopter, AirMed One, provides life-saving service. You can be sure your family receives care from the most experienced trauma team.
Trauma Center at Jersey Shore University Medical Center
Jersey Shore University Medical Center is the only Level II Pediatric Trauma Center in the region, and one of only three in the state, verified by the Verification Review Committee of the American College of Surgeons. We are equipped to treat the most complex injuries from traumatic events including motor vehicle accidents, falls, sports injuries, drowning, or physical assault. Our Emil Buehler Helipad operates 24 hours a day for Medevac transport directly from the scene or between facilities.
Seamless access to critical care
Our children’s hospitals ensure seamless access to critical care, from surgery and pediatric intensive care and medical/surgical units, to child life services and rehabilitation.
We provide vital, life-saving services including:
- 24-hour coverage by a board-certified trauma team, and specialists in emergency medicine, orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, anesthesiology and radiology
- 24-hour CT, MRI and X-ray imaging
- Dedicated operating rooms staffed around the clock
- Access to more than 200 pediatric subspecialists
- Devoted ultrasound equipment that allows surgeons to pinpoint critical injuries
- Team of trauma-specialty nurses and technicians
- Specialized rehabilitation for children
- Trauma and injury prevention programs to support patients close to home
The trauma admitting area is staffed by specialized nurses and technicians whose sole responsibility is to care for trauma patients. Every step of the way, trauma patients receive the specialized care they need to increase their chance of survival and preserve their quality of life.