Why Choose Hackensack University Medical Center Urology for Your Residency?
At Hackensack University Medical Center’s Department of Urology, we invest in our residents and are committed to their success. Our residents don’t just watch; they are active participants who are given the autonomy to select the learning experiences that will best prepare them for their future career.
We also facilitate regular seminars, workshops, and case discussions, allowing our residents to engage in fruitful academic discourse and learn from real-world clinical scenarios. With access to state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge research opportunities, they gain hands-on experience and a strong understanding of the advancements in urological care.
"What's really exciting about working here can be summed up in these words - cutting edge and collaborative"
Dr. Nitan Yerram - Director of Urologic Research at Hackensack University Medical Center
- State-of-the-art facilities equipped with the latest technology, such as single port and traditional robotic surgical systems and advanced imaging tools.
- High patient volume. Our residents have access to a broad range of clinical and surgical training experiences and can hand-pick cases based on their areas of interest.
- Complete subspecialty representation. Our faculty includes physicians from every urological subspecialty, allowing our program to effectively train future urologists in every discipline.
- Robotic surgery expertise. Our residents have the opportunity to learn from world leaders in robotic urological surgery who are continuously working to develop groundbreaking surgical techniques.
- A focus on research. With a built-in protected quarter for research, our program encourages residents to explore academic questions and participate in research alongside pioneering urological specialists.
- A feedback-driven program. We listen to our residents. Our program promotes collaboration between residents and faculty and allows for an immersive, personalized educational experience.
- Instructional excellence. More than just experts in their fields, our faculty members are outstanding teachers who take the time to provide residents with the instruction and support they need.
- Supplemental educational opportunities. In addition to hands-on and didactic training, we provide our residents with supplemental benefits, such as educational publications and opportunities to attend out-of-state conferences.
- Nationally recognized for excellence. Our urology department prides itself on delivering excellent patient outcomes and has received national recognition for providing high-quality bladder, prostate and kidney cancer care. In 2021 we ranked in the Top 50 urology programs in the country by the US News and World Report.