JFK Muhlenberg Campus and FacilitiesThe Schools of Nursing, Radiography and Diagnostic Medical Sonography are all located in a modern building on the JFK Muhlenberg Snyder Schools’ campus located within a residential area of Plainfield, New Jersey.
Address and Contact InformationJFK Muhlenberg Snyder Schools
1200 Randolph Rd, Plainfield NJ 07060 Get Directions First floor
- Classrooms equipped with audio visual equipment
- Two nursing clinical laboratories
- Medical Imaging Skills Laboratory for Radiography and Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Computer Laboratory
- Two student lounges - one equipped with assorted vending machines
- Storage lockers for the students
- Administrative Suite containing the offices of:
- Associate and Assistant Deans for the School of Nursing
- Registration and Enrollment
- Financial Aid
- Storage lockers
- Faculty Suite - where each program’s faculty has an office
- Reserved for residents
- Single Parent Unit - supporting five families who live in the residences until the completion of their nursing program.
ParkingTo ensure your safety while crossing the street and comply with traffic laws, the following instructions are in place and will be enforced immediately:
- Students are to park in the parking lot across from the school only. Only evening students are permitted to park in the front of school parking lot after 3:00 p.m.
- Parking on both sides of Park Avenue (1200 block) will be strictly prohibited and enforced for safety reasons. New “No Parking” signs are in place on both sides of the street.
- Parking on Moffett Avenue (1200 block) will be prohibited.
- Parking on Randolph Road (1200 block) will be prohibited.
- Students coming to or leaving the school and crossing the street are considered pedestrians. Students are required by the New Jersey State law to obey traffic laws and cross the street at the designated crosswalk.
- Hackensack Meridian JFK Muhlenberg Schools Parking Permits will be issued at Orientation.
The two clinical laboratories provide practice laboratory experiences for nursing skills and critical thinking skills. The labs are equipped with life-size anatomical demonstration models, beds and equipment to simulate the clinical area. A simulation manikin (SimMan) is also housed in the Clinical Laboratory. Clinical lab personnel are available at posted times during the Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter semesters. The laboratory practice provides “hands-on” experience with equipment for skill refinement or in preparation for a clinical assignment; or by creative problem solving when carrying out a simulated nursing situation that combines theory and practice and is also used for skills appraisal.
The Medical Imaging Skills Lab for Radiography/Diagnostic Medical Sonography
The simulated laboratory is equipped with the necessary equipment for simulation practice. The students are able to practice their clinical skills and schedule tutoring sessions with faculty.
Classroom SON-021 The computer lab houses 23 computers, software, videos, audiocassettes and films. Students are encouraged to use the lab to learn or reinforce course content and skills by using designated audio visuals, computer assisted instruction and reference readings. The Computer Laboratory facilities are available for individual self-study, assigned projects, online coursework and research. In addition, the Schools’ computing facility and network connections provide academic support to the students of JFK Muhlenberg Snyder Schools.
The Schools provide a residence facility for students who wish to live on campus. The student residence is located on the third floor of the Schools’ building and offers private rooms, shared study and lounge areas and laundry facilities. Kitchenettes are available in each of the four residence “pods”. The single parent “pod” is available for single parents in the nursing program and who meet the criteria of the Audrey Snyder Single Parent Program. A meal plan is not provided as a service for students in residence at the Schools. Meals may be purchased at the vending machines located in the School, at JFK Medical Center Cafeteria or at one of the many eateries in the area. Union College campuses also have cafeterias.
The JFK Medical Library is located in Edison, NJ at JFK University Medical Center.The Library provides a full range of information services to the JFK University Medical Center community and provides access to current periodicals, monographs, a consumer collection, electronic media and full-text resources. All staff, employees and students may borrow circulating material except for periodicals and reference materials. The Library is located on the JFK University Medical Center Campus, 65 James Street, Edison, New Jersey 08818. It is on the second floor, next to the Physicians’ Lounge and HIM.
8 a.m. - 3 p.m., Monday - Friday
Closed on legal holidays
Student Government Associations
All students belong to the Student Government Association, which governs certain student activities. It meets on a regular basis during the academic year to conduct business and sponsor a variety of activities including social events, fund raising projects, group discussions, and community service activities. Examples include participation in a health science/health skills program at Plainfield High School, peer mentorship, blood drives, walkathons and community holiday outreach. There are two Student Government Associations; one for the Nursing program and one for the Medical Imaging programs
No Smoking Policy
Smoking is not permitted anywhere at JFK University Medical Center or on JFK Muhlenberg Snyder School property.