Alcohol Detox Center
Detoxification, or detox, is a crucial step in recovering from an addiction or substance use disorder. Independently overcoming this challenge can be difficult — even dangerous. But you don't have to face it alone.
Blake Recovery Center at Carrier Clinic, a not-for-profit organization, is here to help. We offer comprehensive addiction treatment programs in New Jersey, including our alcohol detox center, residential treatment and outpatient services. Our sole focus is your well-being and success.
What Happens in an Alcohol Detox Center?
Alcohol detoxification is the process where your body gets rid of the toxins created by prolonged use of alcohol. Detox is a crucial part of entering an alcohol addiction treatment program. For those who are struggling with alcohol addiction, this process may cause deeply uncomfortable symptoms, which may include physical and psychological effects.
Common Withdrawal Symptoms
Common withdrawal symptoms include:
- Emotional unease
- Cravings for alcohol
- Confusion and disorientation
In severe cases of alcohol withdrawal, people may experience seizures, feverishness, hallucinations, delusions and even death.
It's important to remember that these symptoms are only temporary and can be effectively managed with appropriate medical care. Moreover, the detoxification process enables you to initiate healing for the root causes that contribute to substance use, which may include underlying mental health problems.
Alcohol Detox: Why You Need Professional Support
Alcohol detox without professional medical help is possible but often unsuccessful and sometimes dangerous. Severe withdrawal symptoms of alcohol detox can lead to increased anxiety and depression, making people extremely uncomfortable, which makes relapse more likely.
Additionally, people who attempt alcohol detox while struggling with other mental or physical health issues may have an even harder time. For example:
- It is possible to become severely dehydrated during alcohol detox, and the electrolyte imbalance could increase the risk of heart attack.
- States of delirium can occur in alcohol detox, which can be very scary and may be all the more hazardous for people with mental health issues.
While detox is never easy, medical assistance from our specially-trained team at Blake Recovery Center can reduce both the hardship and risk of relapse while monitoring physical and emotional health.
Types of Treatment Available During Alcohol Detox
At Blake Recovery Center, we provide a holistic approach to alcohol detox using a range of recovery methods:
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy: Dialectical behavioral therapy is a type of talk therapy designed to help patients accept the realities of life and their behaviors to effectively manage emotions, regulate behaviors and reduce stress.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Cognitive behavioral therapy is a one-on-one talk therapy that helps individuals identify their core beliefs and assumptions and empowers them to identify and replace negative thought patterns with healthier alternatives.
- Therapeutic Group Sessions: Our alcohol addiction treatment programs feature group sessions led by skilled facilitators. Participants share their stories to provide hope for positive change and insights from one another's experiences. Sessions focus on a range of topics, including recovery coping skills, family dynamics, grief and loss, and relapse prevention.
- Healing Therapies: We provide healing therapies, including mindfulness, meditation, animal therapy and equine therapy.
After Alcohol Addiction Treatment
After successfully completing the alcohol detox program, it is crucial to establish plans for continued support to stay on track with your sobriety goals. This may involve participating in outpatient group meetings or individual counseling sessions, where you can access valuable resources and supportive networks to maintain a positive mindset during your recovery journey.
Our intensive outpatient program offers structured treatment for individuals who have finished their inpatient stay and are transitioning to outpatient services. Our program includes:
- Group meetings three times a week
- Weekly individual sessions and family sessions as needed
- Multi-family group
- Specialized focus on early recovery skills, relapse prevention, family education and social support
- Supportive strategies for real-life situations
Following the completion of your treatment plan, we will stick with you through:
- Individualized recovery plan, including aftercare
- Check-ins and follow-up calls after discharge
- Virtual check-ins with other alumni
- Alumni events where family members are also invited
Why Choose Blake Recovery Center
As a not-for-profit organization, our priority is not investors or shareholders. Our priority is your recovery. We promote healing with proven techniques, including animal and equine therapy, mindfulness and meditation. We provide family support groups to aid in your recovery, and we offer an alumni program to continue delivering support and services after you complete our program.
Our team of dedicated addiction counselors brings years of experience with various specialties, including grief and loss, trauma, screening for problem gambling and treating co-occurring disorders such as anxiety and depression.
Choosing the right alcohol addiction treatment program is as crucial as deciding to seek help and transform your life.
Call us now at 800-933-3579 if you are ready to get started.
Adriana’s Alcohol Detox and Recovery Story
Adriana gradually transitioned from occasional drinking to more frequent use, eventually leading to a severe alcohol addiction, all while trying to manage her life as a busy wife, mother and business professional. Recognizing the need for change and for reclaiming her life, she took the courageous step of admitting herself to our alcohol detox center for rehabilitation. Through this journey, she discovered a newfound sense of joy in her recovery, a joy she never thought attainable.
Contact Blake Recovery Center’s Alcohol Detox Program
Get Help Today
If you or a loved one is struggling with alcohol addiction, you can find a compassionate, professional and complete recovery program right here in New Jersey at Blake Recovery Center. To speak with our addiction admissions team, call us at 800-933-3579.
Our experienced team includes skilled professionals and distinguished psychiatrists who’ve been recognized as “Top Docs” in New Jersey.