Gynecologic Cancer TreatmentOur experienced team of compassionate and skilled gynecologic oncologists provide comprehensive care to women of all ages with uterine, ovarian, vaginal, vulvar or cervical cancer.
Diagnosing & Staging Gynecologic CancerHere are the most common tests we perform to diagnose and stage cancer:
- Biopsy: A needle biopsy or surgical biopsy removes a small sample of the tumor for testing.
- CT scan: This scan creates detailed images of a mass and other structures in your body.
- MRI: This test uses magnets and radio waves to reveal the size of the mass, the type of tissue it originated in and whether it has spread to nearby tissues.
- Positron emission tomography (PET): This scan reveals details about the blood flow, oxygen intake and metabolism of your organs and tissues.
- Ultrasound: This test can sometimes show if a lump is a benign cyst or a solid mass.
Preserving FertilityWe understand the effects that cancer and cancer treatment can have on fertility and quality of life and work with you to create an effective treatment approach that addresses your personal needs, preferences and plans for the future. Our surgeons have the expertise to provide fertility preservation options at the time of surgery using non-surgical techniques.
Gynecologic Cancer Treatment Options
Our multidisciplinary team includes board-certified physicians who have had the highest level of training in gynecologic oncology, as well as nurses who specialize in women’s cancer care.
We take a precision-medicine approach by matching anticancer drugs to the unique molecular abnormalities of your tumor. We also offer the latest anticancer drugs, drug combinations and targeted therapies based on the most recent findings of medical research.
Our reproductive and gynecological surgeons were among the first in New Jersey to use minimally invasive robotic technology to revolutionize surgical care for gynecologic cancer, resulting in fewer complications, less blood loss, less scarring and a faster return to normal daily activities.
Precision Radiation Therapy
- Brachytherapy involves radiation implants near tumor tissue to kill cancer cells.
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy aims treatment beams of different intensities from different angles to match the contours of your tumor.
"I still sometimes cannot believe I’m so lucky. Dr. Yitzhack Asulin saved my life by detecting my ovarian cancer at an early stage, when it could be treated. Today, everything is pointing to a great outcome." - Yuli Ochoa
Our Gynecologic Cancer Specialists
We have recruited the best gynecologic oncology specialists from around the world to provide you with award-winning cancer treatment and care close to home.
Our Research and Clinical Trials
We are committed to providing you with treatment based on the latest medical advances. We may also be able to offer you investigational therapies that could possibly be more effective than existing treatments.
Why Choose John Theurer Cancer Center for Gynecologic Cancer Treatment
Our board certified team of gynecologic oncologists meets weekly with experts in radiology, plastic surgery, pathology, clinical research and other fields to pool their expertise and discuss the most effective treatment for each patient.
Premier Cancer Center
John Theurer Cancer Center is among a select few hospitals nationwide to receive Disease-Specific Care Certification in gynecologic cancer care from The Joint Commission. This certification is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects our commitment to meeting rigorous performance standards.
We offer a number of convenient John Theurer Cancer Center affiliate locations across the state so you have access to great care, close to home. Clinicians at our affiliated cancer programs collaborate closely with John Theurer Cancer Center and NCI Designated physicians, ensuring access to the best treatment options from the comfort of your neighborhood.