The caring staff at Hackensack Meridian Health outpatient rehab develop personalized care plans for each patient to help them recover as safely, quickly and completely as possible after illness, injury or surgery.
Comprehensive Rehab Services
Our rehabilitation experts offer comprehensive physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology and audiological services, as well as specialized outpatient rehabilitation programs to meet each patient’s unique needs.
Hackensack Meridian Health’s outpatient rehabilitation facilities offer a full range of services, including:
- Physical therapy. After evaluating your physical functioning, movement and pain level, your physical therapist will recommend a plan of care to improve mobility. Therapies may include modalities, exercises and manual techniques, as well as education in body mechanics and posture. Physical therapy may also include assistive device training with walkers, canes or crutches, fall prevention techniques, stair training or prosthetic training.
- Occupational therapy and hand therapy. Occupational and hand therapy help you develop and maintain the skills you need for daily living, including grooming, bathing and dressing. Occupational therapy may also involve teaching you how to make changes to your living environment or how to use special devices or equipment to make daily activities easier. Our expert occupational therapists help you adapt to your limitations and live as safely and independently as possible.
- Vestibular rehabilitation. Through this innovative, unique program, our specially trained therapists employ techniques to treat dizziness and balance deficits that prevent normal functioning and mobility.
- Speech therapy. Our highly trained speech-language pathologists provide evaluation and treatment for adults and children who have speech, language or cognitive impairments, as well as oral-feeding or swallowing disorders.
- Audiological therapy. Our audiology team – which includes licensed and certified audiologists – is dedicated to improving quality of life by diagnosing and treating hearing disorders and providing audiological services for newborns through older adults.
- Cardiac rehabilitation. Cardiac rehabilitation is a medically supervised program that combines exercise and education to help patients with heart disease improve energy levels, reduce symptoms and increase endurance after a cardiovascular diagnosis, surgery or event.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation. Pulmonary rehabilitation is a medically supervised program that combines respiratory monitoring, treatment and education to help patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema, asthma, bronchitis, fibrosis and other breathing difficulties to manage their condition, prevent hospital readmissions and improve quality of life.
- Pediatric therapy. Pediatric therapy provides evaluation, planning and treatment for children and young adults from birth to age 21. Our specialists work closely with children and their parents to help children achieve their maximum developmental and functional potential.
- Industrial therapy. Our industrial therapy programs are tailored to each patient’s personal and workplace needs. Our specialists help injured patients return to work quickly and safely and provide fitness/wellness education on preventing future injuries.