Recipe: Mixed Berry Spinach Salad with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
May 27, 2022
Sweet and refreshing, this mixed berry salad only takes a few minutes to prepare. It is the perfect side, or add your choice of protein, to make this your main dish.
4 cups fresh spinach, washed
1 cup fresh mixed berries
1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
slivered almonds or sunflower seeds, optional
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 T honey
1/2 cup olive oil
salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a second bowl, add the honey and the vinegar and stir to dissolve.
- While whisking, slowly stream the olive oil into the mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad just before serving and toss to coat.
Next Steps & Resources:
- Recipe shared by the oncology dieticians at John Theurer Cancer Center
The material provided through HealthU is intended to be used as general information only and should not replace the advice of your physician. Always consult your physician for individual care.
Recipe: Pink Angelic Eggs
Mix things up this Easter. Instead of the traditional method of dying hard boiled eggs, try this alternative using beets to achieve a hot pink colored egg white and deviled egg chick!
Recipe: Carrot Miso Ginger Dressing
A homemade stand-in for the classic dressing served at many Japanese sushi restaurants, carrot miso ginger dressing is the perfect burst of summer freshness we all crave as warmer weather approaches.