Hospitals and Emergency Departments
65 James Street
Edison, NJ 08820
Wait Times Explained: New patients arrive frequently, and some patients require more immediate attention indifferent of when they arrive. Your wait time may differ from what is listed at the time of a patient’s arrival. Wait times represent an average time from arrival to being seen by a clinician. Wait times are refreshed every 30 minutes. Wait times are provided for informational purposes only and cannot be guaranteed upon arrival. They may remain subject to change at all times without notice. When "NA" is displayed, wait time is unavailable.
JFK University Medical Center
- About JFK University Medical Center
- COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions
- Patient and Visitor Information
- JFKUMC Graduate Medical Education
- Billing and Insurance
- Classes and Events
Key Phone NumbersMain number: 732-321-7000
Office of Patient Experience: 732-321-7566
Discharge Coordinator (Case Management): 732-321-7157
Medical Records: 732-509-5609
Pre-Admission Testing: 732-321-7156
Lung Screening: 855-535-5864
Gift shop: 732-321-7166
Outpatient AppointmentsMammography: 732-321-7540
Cat Scan: 732-321-7540
JFK for Life Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery: 732-744-5955
Center for Sleep Medicine: 732-321-7935
Center for Wound Healing: 732-321-7022
Diabetes Management: 732-744-5944
Diagnostic imaging: 732-321-7540
X-ray: 732-321-7540 (no appointment needed)
Laboratory: 732-321-7540 (no appointment needed)
Rehabilitation Services: 732-321-7056
Gastroesophageal Reflux and Motility Program: 732-346-5400
Advanced Lung and Airway Center: 732-635-9300
Pediatric Specialists: 848-205-2620
Specialty Programs Available
Since 1992, the Hackensack Meridian Neuroscience Institute at JFK University Medical Center has provided a multidisciplinary approach to the diagnosis and treatment of adult and pediatric brain, spine and nervous system disorders–all under one roof.
- Concussion and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Brain and Spine Tumor Program
- Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders
- Movement Disorders (Parkinson's and Essential Tremor)
- Memory Loss and Brain Health
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neurovascular and Endovascular Disorders
- Sleep Medicine
- Spine Disorders and Injuries
Committed to providing the highest quality of care, the JFK For Life Bariatric Surgery program has been recognized as a Center of Excellence in Bariatric surgery by Cigna, the ACS and the ASMBS. Watch a video.
Why Choose JFK University Medical Center
- Nationally Recognized for Excellence: We continue to be among the nation’s top hospitals evaluated by Healthgrades for superior clinical care and surgical outcomes. Healthgrades rates hospital performance using objective quality measures using clinical outcomes, patient safety as well as patient experience.
- Gold Plus Award for Improving Emergency Cardiac Care: For six consecutive years, JFK Medical Center’s emergency medical services has received the American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline® EMS Gold Plus Award for excellence in treating patients experiencing severe heart attacks.
- Excellence in Women's Care: We are among the top five percent of hospitals recognized for superior care of women during and after childbirth, and among the top 10 percent of hospitals recognized for superior surgical outcomes in gynecological care. Watch a video tour of our maternity center.
- Leaders in International Research: We helm cutting-edge research and clinical trials that lead to new treatment discoveries in cancer, neurology, orthopedics and more.
- Advanced Care, Close to Home. Our board-certified physicians specialize in the latest treatments and technologies and work with your entire care team to build a care plan that caters to your unique concerns, priorities and goals.
- Breast Center: Our state-of-the-art oncology facility , the JFK Breast Center, offers a full spectrum of imaging services focusing on breast and bone health. Our mammography technology combines the most advanced 3D imaging including “softer” mammograms and 3D tomosynthesis. Additional imaging services include the R2 computer assisted diagnostic program, ductography, ultrasounds, minimally-invasive biopsies and early-diagnosis for osteoporosis. Schedule your screening mammogram online.
Living Seizure-Free After Minimally Invasive Brain Surgery
For the past decade, Srinivas Rao, 52, had been having daily epileptic seizures that affected his quality of life — preventing him from working, driving, showering, using the stove or being left alone.
Minimally Invasive Procedure Saves Diver's Spine
Tarrin Gilliland overcame a major back injury, which jeopardized her diving career and Olympic Trials participation, thanks to effective treatment.