Maternity CareYou need a maternity team that takes the time to understand your unique pregnancy and childbirth preferences.
At Hackensack Meridian Health, you can feel confident knowing your safe pregnancy is our priority. Your baby will be delivered by caring experts who are passionate about what they do.
Pregnancy and Preparing for Your Baby
We offer outstanding care with the full spectrum of services for expectant mothers and their families.
- Breastfeeding and lactation support in the hospital and after you go home
- Breastfeeding classes
- Car seat fitting
- Childbirth classes
- Infant care and safety classes
Our Childbirth CentersHackensack Meridian Health’s childbirth centers are designed for the comfort of you and your family. We offer:
- Comfortable reclining sleeper chair for father/support person
- Complimentary dining
- Labor and delivery rooms with amenities such as peanut balls, rocking chairs, aromatherapy
- Magic Hour when mom, baby and father/support person can be alone together, allowing time for skin-to-skin contact to encourage bonding
- Private recovery rooms with private bathrooms and showers
- Anesthesiologists offering an array of pain relief options
- Board-certified obstetricians and pediatricians conveniently located near you
- Magnet®-recognized labor and delivery nurses, who will be with you every step of the way
- Maternal-fetal medicine physicians who specialize in high-risk pregnancy
High-Risk Pregnancy and Newborns
You’ll find the highest level of care at our two children’s hospitals - K. Hovnanian Children’s Hospital in Neptune and Joseph M. Sanzari Children's Hospital in Hackensack.
Learn How We Keep Getting Better
Hackensack Meridian Health delivers award-winning maternity care. We’re recognized among the best in the country by Newsweek and Healthgrades for delivering excellent outcomes for mothers and their babies. Learn more on How We Keep Getting Better.
Maternity Welcome Videos
Why Choose Hackensack Meridian Health for Maternity Care
We take care of all your needs - not just the physical health of you and your baby, but also your social and emotional health during and after your pregnancy.
More Women choose our Childbirth Centers. We deliver more babies each year than almost any other health care network in New Jersey.
Several of our hospitals have been nationally recognized by Newsweek and Healthgrades for excellence in labor and delivery, including a C-section rate well below the national average.
We are proud to offer personal, experienced obstetric and gynecological care to the women of our community.