Hackensack Meridian JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
- About Us
- How To Choose a Rehab Program
- Our CARF Accreditation
- COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions
- Classes and Events
- Patient and Visitor Information
- Billing and Insurance
- Support Groups
- Residencies and Fellowships
Key Phone NumbersMain number: 732-321-7050
Inpatient rehabilitation admissions: 732-321-7733
Outpatient AppointmentsHearing loss and audiology: 732-321-7063
Physical therapy and occupational therapy: 732-321-7056
Speech therapy: 732-321-7063
Rehabilitation medicine physician appointments: 732-321-7070
Sports injury and pain rehabilitation (Center for Sports and Spine Medicine): 732-321-7757
Why Choose Hackensack Meridian Health for Rehabilitation Services
One of the top rehab and brain injury facilities in the nation: We are ranked 30th in the nation for acute rehabilitation by U.S. News & World Report and The Center for Brain Injuries at JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute is named as just one of 16 Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Model System Sites in the nation for the treatment of brain injuries.
Groundbreaking clinical trials: The experts at JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute are implementing groundbreaking clinical trials and research in stroke rehabilitation poised to change the way care for stroke patients.
Nationally certified for quality treatment and care: Our rehabilitation facilities are licensed by the State of New Jersey and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and Joint Commission, meaning we’ve met rigorous quality standards in all areas of our operations and patient care. Learn more about CARF Accreditation.
New Jersey’s Most Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services: We are unique for providing the full spectrum of adult and pediatric rehabilitation services under one roof — from inpatient to outpatient care. We treat thousands of children and adults each year on an outpatient and short-term basis
Patients should bring the following information when registering for an appointment or hospital stay:
- Advance Directive
- Copay or deductible
- Driver’s license
- Insurance Card
- Medicare/Medicaid card
- Name and Social Security Number of the insured
- Referral forms from your physician (if required by your insurance carrier)
- Referral/Order Guidelines
- Worker’s compensation information (if applicable)
- Free valet parking is available 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at the main entrance.
- Self parking is available next to the medical center
- Patients for the Johnson Rehabilitation Institute and the Neuroscience Institute should park in Lot B (the gate lot directly across from the rehabilitation institute.
- Patients for outpatient testing should park in Lot E.
- Pre-admission testing and same day surgery patients can be dropped off and picked up at the admitting entrance. Valet parking also is available from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Emergency department patients should park in the ER parking lot.
- Occupational Health and Family Practice patients should park in Lot G.
- Visitors with special needs should contact 732-321-7568.
Specialty Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation ProgramsFor nearly 50 years, JFK Johnson has developed programs in such specialties as stroke rehabilitation, orthopedic programs, fitness, cardiac rehabilitation, women’s health, pediatrics and brain injury rehabilitation. We treat thousands of children and adults each year on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
- Early intervention: Home and community-based evaluation and intervention for infants and toddlers up to three years of age who show developmental delays or have a medical diagnosis that could cause delays. Click here to learn more about this program.
- You and Me Program: This program was developed for young children up to age 6 with an autism diagnosis and utilizes the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) in its center-based program. Click here to learn more about this program.
We provide inpatient rehabilitation, speech therapy, occupational therapy and physical therapy year-round. Each inpatient rehabilitation hospital within our network is attached to an acute care hospital for access to emergency care, neurology, pulmonology, cardiology and other services. Our experienced social work and discharge planners work with you to ensure a safe discharge home or other community setting that would allow you to continue your recovery.
Find an Inpatient Rehabilitation Location Near You
Hackensack Meridian JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
65 James Street Edison, NJ 08820
Hackensack Meridian Johnson Rehabilitation Institute at Riverview Medical Center
1 Riverview Plaza Red Bank, NJ 07701
Hackensack Meridian Johnson Rehabilitation Institute at Ocean University Medical Center
425 Jack Martin Boulevard Brick Township, NJ 08724
St. Joe’s Health Rehabilitation Affiliated with Hackensack Meridian JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
224 Hamburg Turnpike Wayne, NJ 07470
We provide outpatient rehabilitation across New Jersey, as well as a variety of consulting, treatment, education and advocacy for local companies, professionals and schools.
To find an outpatient location near you, select the rehabilitation service you need..
Individualized Approach to Rehabilitation
“The therapists were so amazing that I looked forward to going. They understood what I was going through on another level. They nudged me just enough to get back into my life. It was exactly what I needed.”
Medical Education at JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
We invite medical students and physicians interested in a career in physical medicine and rehabilitation to investigate our superior residency and fellowship programs.
Our rehabilitation specialists work closely with you, your family, and your other care providers to assist with your recovery.