Hackensack University Medical Center, has more nationally ranked specialties than any hospital in New Jersey by U.S. News & World Report. We are also the state's only nationally ranked Urology and Neurology & Neurosurgery programs, as well nationally ranked and the best Cardiology & Heart Surgery program. We also offer our patients nationally ranked Orthopedic care, as well as one of the state's premier Cancer Center at John Theurer Cancer Center.
Wait Times Explained: New patients arrive frequently, and some patients require more immediate attention indifferent of when they arrive. Your wait time may differ from what is listed at the time of a patient’s arrival. Wait times represent an average time from arrival to being seen by a clinician. Wait times are refreshed every 30 minutes. Wait times are provided for informational purposes only and cannot be guaranteed upon arrival. They may remain subject to change at all times without notice. When "NA" is displayed, wait time is unavailable.
Annual Public Meeting
Hackensack, NJ – Hackensack Meridian Hackensack University Medical Center will hold its Hospital Annual Public Meeting on Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 3:30 p.m. It will take place at Hackensack University Medical Center, located on 30 Prospect Avenue, Hackensack, NJ 07601. The meeting will be held in-person and a virtual option will be available upon request. A Q&A session will follow the end of the presentation. Space is limited therefore pre-registration is required. To register or for more information please call (551) 996-2002.
Hackensack University Medical Center
- About Hackensack University Medical Center
- Billing and Insurance
- Classes and Events
- COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions
- Friends of Hackensack University Medical Center
- Graduate Medical Education
- Helena Theurer Pavilion
- HMH Wayfinding - Digital Navigation Application
- Patient and Visitor Information
- Undergraduate Clinical Placement Form
Key Phone NumbersMain number: 551-996-2000
Discharge Coordinator: 551-996-2299
Patient Information: 551-996-2400
Medical Records: 551-996-2075
Outpatient AppointmentsMammography at the Betty Torricelli Institute for Breast Care: 551-996-2222
Helena Theurer Pavilion: A New, State-of-the-Art Surgical and Intensive Care Tower
Our Medical Education Programs
We invite medical students and physicians to investigate our residency and fellowship programs where we provide outstanding clinical care, a robust teaching program and an innovative transformational research platform.
We make parking as easy as possible. Our campus features valet parking as well as multiple garages for self-parking, including handicap parking.
In addition to the information below, Hackensack Meridian Health has also developed a Digital Navigation Application called HMH Wayfinding, to help you more easily navigate parking and other points of interest at our facilities.
Self Park Garages:
Hours of Operation:
- Essex St. Garage Mon-Fri 6 a.m. -2 a.m. Sat & Sun 7 a.m. - 2 a.m.
- Women’s & Children’s Mon-Fri 7 a.m. - 11 p.m. Sat & Sun 12 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- John Theurer Cancer Center Mon-Fri 6 a.m. - 7 p.m. Sat & Sun 6 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Payment: Parking is available to all visitors in the Essex St. Garage and Women and Children’s garage for a nominal fee (currently $8.00). If returning to the medical center for multiple visits through out the day, you can request a Same Day Return Voucher for an additional fee.
All major credit cards are accepted.
Hours of Operation:
- Medical Plaza Mon-Fri 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- John Theurer Cancer Center Mon-Fri 6:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Emergency Trauma Center Mon-Sun 24/7 for all patients
Payment: Visitor Parking also provides Valet Services at the John Theurer Cancer Center and Medical Plaza Building for a nominal fee (currently $10.00). We also offer complimentary valet service to any patients who present to the Emergency Trauma Center for treatment.
All major credit cards are accepted.
Handicap parking spots are available in all garages.
- Handicap valet services are available at the Medical Plaza for a nominal fee (currently $5)
- Discounted handicap valet services booklets are also available at the Medical Plaza valet
- Handicap valet services are complimentary at the John Theurer Cancer Center
Patients should bring the following information when registering for an appointment or hospital stay:
- Advance Directive
- Copay or deductible
- Driver’s license
- Insurance Card
- Medicare/Medicaid card
- Name and Social Security Number of the insured
- Referral forms from your physician (if required by your insurance carrier)
- Referral/Order Guidelines
- Worker’s compensation information (if applicable)
Specialty Programs Available
- John Theurer Cancer Center
John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center, a premier cancer center in NJ according to U.S. News and World Report, is recognized for specializing in the most advanced and comprehensive cancer treatments available anywhere in the world.
- Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital
Designated as among the top 1% of children’s hospitals in the nation and named the best children’s hospital in New Jersey by U.S. News & World Report.
- Heart and Vascular Hospital
One of Health Grades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care™ and Coronary Intervention™, and nationally ranked Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Donna A. Sanzari Women’s Hospital
Our comprehensive women’s services span the spectrum of care, from general wellness, maternity services and gynecology to sophisticated, cutting-edge gynecological, cancer and heart and vascular care.
- The Center for Healthy Senior Living
Part of Hackensack Meridian Health’s Division of Geriatrics, the center offers specialized programs for every stage of life to meet the needs of you and your family
Why Choose Hackensack University Medical Center
- Hackensack University Medical Center has more nationally ranked specialties than any hospital in New Jersey by U.S. News & World Report. We are also the state's only nationally ranked Urology and Neurology & Neurosurgery programs, as well as nationally ranked and the best Cardiology & Heart Surgery program and offer our patients nationally ranked Orthopedic care.
- Leaders in international research: We helm cutting-edge research and clinical trials that lead to new treatment discoveries in cancer, neurology, orthopedics and more.
44-year-old Woman Overcomes Colon Cancer Thanks to an Early Finding
Forty-four-year-old Carey Miller doesn’t smoke, eats a healthy diet and is proactive about her health, making sure to get all the annual screenings her health care provider recommends.