Hospitals and Emergency Departments
425 Jack Martin Blvd
Brick, NJ 08724
Ocean University Medical Center
Now Open: The Dr. Robert H. and Mary Ellen Harris Heart and Vascular Center
The Harris Heart and Vascular Center provides a one-stop shop for high-level heart and vascular care.
Patients should bring the following information when registering for an appointment or hospital stay:
- Advance Directive
- Copay or deductible
- Driver’s license
- Insurance Card
- Medicare/Medicaid card
- Name and Social Security Number of the insured
- Referral forms from your physician (if required by your insurance carrier)
- Referral/Order Guidelines
- Worker’s compensation information (if applicable)
- Medication List
Specialty Programs AvailableCancer Care Our cancer program is accredited with commendation by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, an achievement earned by less than one-third of all cancer programs across the country and is accredited by the American College of Radiation Oncology for providing high-quality care and safety of patients undergoing radiation therapy.
At OUMC, patients can find some of the latest cancer treatments available, including:
- HyperArc stereotactic radiosurgery delivers radiation therapy with enhanced accuracy, effectiveness and speed. This treatment is used for patients with single or multiple small brain lesions. OUMC is one the only radiation oncology treatment center in NJ that offers this treatment.
- Stereotactic radiobody therapy to treat prostate cancer with just five treatments. Other centers in the area use conventional radiation treatments that take about nine weeks.
- Radiation therapy with prone breast positioning, which decreases radiation exposure to healthy tissue and nearby vital organs, such as the heart and lungs.
- SpaceOAR Hydrogel temporarily creates space between the prostate and rectum, and reduces the radiation dose delivered to the rectum during radiation therapy. It has been clinically shown to help minimize urinary, sexual and bowel side effects and protect quality of life for prostate cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy.
- High-DoseRate Brachytherapy using Leipzig application can treat small areas of focus for nonmelanoma skin tumors
- Pluvicto: A life-changing targeted treatment option that is clinically proven to extend survival for patients with prostate-specific membrane antigen-positive (PSMA+) metastatic prostate cancer that has not responded to other treatments. The drug works by binding to and destroying PSMA+ cancer cells throughout the body and is delivered via injection every six weeks for up to six treatments outpatient procedure.
Our surgical expertise spans general surgery and orthopedics to robotic-assisted surgery and the latest minimally invasive techniques. Our new medical surgical floor is just the latest example of how we are defining the future of health care by encouraging healing, promoting privacy, prioritizing family and helping doctors and nurses optimize patient care.
Led by a team of seven board-certified, fellowship-trained specialists, our Jersey Coast Vascular Institute is one of the most comprehensive vascular programs in the state. Our surgeons have more than 100+ years of combined experience in this unique area of medicine.
Our team develops a personalized, comprehensive plan that’s built around each patient’s unique goals and priorities.
Why Choose Ocean University Medical Center
- Recognized for quality care: We are recognized by U.S. News & World Report as High Performing in four procedures and conditions, including colon cancer surgery; knee replacement; leukemia, lymphoma & myeloma; and stroke.
- Advanced care, close to home: Our board-certified physicians specialize in the latest treatments and technologies and work with your entire care team to build a care plan that caters to your unique concerns, priorities and goals.
- Leaders in international research: Hackensack Meridian Health has more than 350 ongoing clinical trials conducted independently and in partnership with the National Institutes of Health and others, enabling you to be among the first in the world to access potentially life-saving therapies.
Breaking the Chain of Heart Attack
Not many people are worried about having a heart attack in their 40s. But for Joe Leone Introna, the approach of his 42nd birthday cast a dark shadow of concern. Six of his male rela...