NSPIRE | Hackensack Meridian Health
A new apprentice program designed to support newly-graduated, pre-NCLEX nurses in their transition to practice.
The NSPIRE program is a PRE-NCLEX position tailored for newly graduated nurses from an accredited institution to complete a paid practice immersion curriculum between 6-12 weeks in a full- or part-time capacity until transitioning to the paid nurse residency program at Hackensack Meridian Health.
The NSPIRE program offers exposure to a variety of immersion opportunities in an environment that allows newly graduated nurses to observe the skills, hospital operations, and components of being part of the health care team. While there will be limited patient interaction until passing the NCLEX, NSPIRE nurses will have the ability to practice simulated skills and gain confidence in the acute care environment to prepare for transition into practice. The program provides flexibility, support and prep opportunities to ensure success on the NCLEX exam.
NSPIRE nurses will complete clinical immersions, shadow and be exposed to the clinical environments in which they will work as a Registered Nurse at one of the following Hackensack Meridian Health hospitals:
- Bayshore Medical Center - Holmdel
- Ocean University Medical Center - Brick
- JFK University Medical Center - Edison
- Hackensack University Medical Center - Hackensack
- Raritan Bay Medical Center, Perth Amboy
- Old Bridge Medical Center, Old Bridge
- Southern Ocean Medical Center, Manahawkin
Please note, this program will provide flexibility and support to ensure success on the NCLEX-RN exam.
NSPIRE Nurse Essential Job Functions
- Assimilates the Hackensack Meridian Health nursing strategic plan and quality outcome drivers;
- Attends skill labs/simulation labs, equipment exposure and immersion opportunities (ex. clinical outcomes, special procedure pre and post, respiratory department, Infection Prevention);
- Synthesizes components of assessment in an ongoing and systematic manner focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, and cognitive status. May not give medications or initiate Intravenous Therapy;
- Attends and observes selected hospital-wide committee meetings. Submits reflections on experiences;
NSPIRE Nurse Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Associate Degree or BSN program. GPA-minimum 3.0;
- New RNs hired without a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing will be required to obtain a BSN within 3 years as a condition of employment.
- Two letters of recommendation from Clinical Instructors;
- CPR/BLS certification from the American Heart Association;
- Ability to work varied days and varied hours;
- Ability to learn quickly in immersive environments.
- Current team members are eligible to apply.