Hospitals and Emergency Departments
530 New Brunswick Avenue
Perth Amboy, NJ 08861
Wait times are refreshed every 30 minutes. Wait times are provided for informational purposes only and cannot be guaranteed upon arrival. They may remain subject to change at all times without notice. When "NA" is displayed, wait time is unavailable.
Raritan Bay Medical Center
Patients should bring the following information when registering for an appointment or hospital stay:
- Advance Directive
- Copay or deductible
- Driver’s license
- Insurance Card
- Medicare/Medicaid card
- Name and Social Security Number of the insured
- Referral forms from your physician (if required by your insurance carrier)
- Referral/Order Guidelines
- Worker’s compensation information (if applicable)
Parking is available in the parking deck on the corner of New Brunswick Avenue and Groom Street. Patients and their guests should present their parking ticket at the front desk in the hospital’s main lobby to validate their ticket for free parking. Free valet parking is available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the main entrance on Groom Street. Additional free parking for handicapped visitors, Outpatient/Pre-Admission Testing and short-term parking is available directly across from the medical center’s main entrance on Groom Street.
We update our hospital visitation every Wednesday, based upon the risk of COVID-19 spread, the number of COVID-19 patients, hospital staffing and equipment levels.
Specialty Programs Available
Raritan Bay Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH)
The first of its kind in the HMH network, we provide care for patients that require a longer length of stay (typically greater than 25 days) in an acute care hospital. Our interdisciplinary team provides 24/7 support, with private rooms on a designated floor.
- Carrier Behavioral Health at Raritan Bay Medical Center
A regional hub of the nationally recognized Hackensack Meridian Carrier Clinic. With kindness and understanding, our physicians will assess the patient’s overall health, lifestyle and environment to formulate a customized action plan that focuses on complete mental wellness.
- Center for Women
Our nationally recognized specialists take a comprehensive approach to breast health, including using state-of-the-art testing such as 3D mammography, ultrasound, breast MRI, image-guided biopsy and bone densitometry in a modern, spa-like setting. For your convenience, you can schedule your screening mammogram online.
The experienced orthopedic specialists at our Human Motion Institute take a comprehensive approach to preventing, assessing, treating and rehabilitating injuries and prefer non-surgical solutions whenever possible. Our goal is to help you return to normal function as quickly and safely as possible.
- Pediatric Care Center
We provide outstanding emergency care for ill and injured children—24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Why Choose Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Grade A Patient Care: We achieved a Leapfrog “A” Safety Grade which is a national distinction that recognizes hospitals for their achievements in protecting patients from preventable harm or error in the hospital.
- Raising the Standard of Diagnostic Breast Imaging: We are a certified Pink Ribbon Facility for our use of superior digital imaging for early detection of breast cancer and the advancement of women’s health.
- Nursing Excellence: We are a four-time recipient of the National Magnet Designation for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Association, the highest honor an organization can receive for professional nursing practice, and widely accepted as the gold standard of patient care.