Hearing Loss and Audiology
We Can Diagnose and Treat Your Hearing LossOur team of audiologists offer services to enhance quality of life for people of all ages with hearing, balance or communication impairments. We work individually with patients struggling with hearing loss to assess their hearing needs and guide them through the process of understanding and selecting the proper hearing aid.
When to Seek the Help of an AudiologistWe provide hearing loss and audiology services for patients experiencing these symptoms:
- Difficulty following conversations
- Difficulty understanding words against background noise or in a crowd
- Changes in behavior, such as withdrawing from or avoiding social settings
- Needing to turn up the volume of the television or radio
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ear)
Our Hearing Loss and Audiology ServicesJFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute offers hearing loss and audiology services including:
Adult hearing evaluation: This includes a number of tests to determine if you have hearing loss and if so, how serious it is.
Assistive alerting devices. Depending on the level of hearing loss, you may benefit from an assistive alerting device that uses a flashing light, a vibration or an amplified sound.
- Assistive listening devices (ALDs): These are personal hand-held amplifiers that can help you communicate in one-to-one conversations.
- Auditory processing tests: A battery of tests designed to identify those individuals with difficulty processing auditory information.
- Balance and vestibular treatment: Our audiologists can help evaluate the balance system in the ear.
- Cochlear implants: A cochlear implant is an electronic device that sends signals to the auditory nerve and may be used for people with severe hearing loss.
- Hearing aid fitting, evaluation and selection: Our audiologists will assess your hearing needs and work with you to select and program the right hearing aids.
- Pediatric hearing evaluation: We offer hearing evaluations designed specifically for pediatric hearing loss issues.
- Tinnitus evaluation: A test designed to evaluate a patient's complaint of tinnitus and/or sensitivity to loud noises and create a treatment plan.
Why Choose JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute for Hearing Loss and Audiology Services
JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute's outpatient audiology and hearing aid services boast one of the highest patient satisfaction ratings in New Jersey. Our audiologists hold multiple degrees and certifications, including: Doctor of Audiology, NJ Audiology License, NJ Hearing Aid Dispensing License, and Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
We work individually with each patient to evaluate their hearing loss or balance issue and recommend the appropriate treatment or hearing device solution.
Tinnitus Patient Finds Quiet
When she first visited the Hackensack Meridian Health Center for Audiology, Anna was disabled by tinnitus.
Our rehabilitation specialists work closely with you, your family, and your other care providers to assist with your recovery.