Hearing Loss and Audiology
We Can Diagnose and Treat Your Hearing LossOur team of audiologists offer services to enhance quality of life for people of all ages with hearing, balance or communication impairments. We work individually with patients struggling with hearing loss to assess their hearing needs and guide them through the process of understanding and selecting the proper hearing aid.
When to Seek the Help of an AudiologistWe provide hearing loss and audiology services for patients experiencing these symptoms:
- Difficulty following conversations
- Difficulty understanding words against background noise or in a crowd
- Changes in behavior, such as withdrawing from or avoiding social settings
- Needing to turn up the volume of the television or radio
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ear)
Our Hearing Loss and Audiology ServicesHackensack Meridian Health offers hearing loss and audiology services including:
Adult hearing evaluation: This includes a number of tests to determine if you have hearing loss and if so, how serious it is.
Assistive alerting devices. Depending on the level of hearing loss, you may benefit from an assistive alerting device that uses a flashing light, a vibration or an amplified sound.
- Assistive listening devices (ALDs): These are personal hand-held amplifiers that can help you communicate in one-to-one conversations.
- Auditory processing tests: A battery of tests designed to identify those individuals with difficulty processing auditory information.
- Balance and vestibular treatment: Our audiologists can help evaluate the balance system in the ear.
- Cochlear implants: A cochlear implant is an electronic device that sends signals to the auditory nerve and may be used for people with severe hearing loss.
- Hearing aid fitting, evaluation and selection: Our audiologists will assess your hearing needs and work with you to select and program the right hearing aids.
- Pediatric hearing evaluation: We offer hearing evaluations designed specifically for pediatric hearing loss issues.
- Tinnitus evaluation: A test designed to evaluate a patient's complaint of tinnitus and/or sensitivity to loud noises and create a treatment plan.
Offering Hearing Aids:
Hackensack Meridian JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
65 James Street
Edison, NJ 08820
Hearing Loss and Audiology: 732-321-7063
Hearing Aids Not Offered:
Hackensack Meridian Rehabilitation at Holmdel (Bayshore Medical Center)
727 North Beers Street
Holmdel, NJ 07733
Hearing Loss and Audiology: 732-739-5955
Center for Hearing at Hackensack Meridian Old Bridge Medical Center
3 Hospital Plaza
Old Bridge, NJ 08857
Hearing Loss and Audiology: 732-324-5030