Balance and vestibular rehabilitation in New Jersey | Hackensack Meridian Health
We Can Treat Vestibular and Balance DisordersIf you are experiencing dizziness, loss of balance or lightheadedness, our team of balance and vestibular disorder experts will diagnose the underlying cause of your symptoms and develop a treatment plan to restore your quality of life.
When to Seek Balance, Dizziness and Vestibular RehabilitationWe care for patients with these conditions:
- Acoustic Neuroma
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Cervical/neck disorders
- Heart conditions
- Inner ear infections
- Medication side effects
- Vestibular migraines
Treatment Options for Balance, Dizziness and Vestibular RehabilitationWe offer a full range of inpatient and outpatient services to reduce or eliminate symptoms and return our patients to the activities they enjoy. Our services include:
- Adaptation exercises: These exercises can improve eye-head coordination and ease symptoms.
- Balance retraining exercises and strategies: Using these tools can reduce symptoms and promote a safe return to everyday activities.
- Brainstem auditory evoked potential testing: This test monitors the brain’s response to the sounds you hear.
- Canalith repositioning maneuver: Used to treat a condition called benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), performing this series of movements can relieve symptoms of dizziness.
- Computerized dynamic posturography: This virtual reality test is used to evaluate your functional balance.
- Electrocochleography: This test measures electrical activity in the inner ear that occurs in response to sound.
- General conditioning exercises: Exercises can help to improve physical condition and reduce problems with balance, dizziness and lightheadedness.
- Habituation exercises: These exercises gradually decrease sensitivity to motion.
- Rotary chair testing: Rotary chair testing can help to evaluate the vestibular system as a possible cause of imbalance and dizziness.
- Vestibular evoked myogenic potential: This test helps to determine how well parts of the inner ear are functioning.
- Vision therapy: Vision therapy helps to make visual tasks more comfortable, easier or more efficient.
- Videonystagmography: This test evaluates the vestibular system as the possible underlying cause of imbalance or dizziness.
Why Choose Hackensack Meridian Health for Balance, Dizziness and Vestibular Rehabilitation
Our rehabilitation team is led by board certified physicians. Our team includes doctorate-level audiologists and occupational and physical therapists certified in vestibular rehabilitation, allowing patients to access a full range of treatment options to meet their needs.
We offer outpatient balance, dizziness and vestibular rehabilitation and additional supportive services.
Our specialists follow the latest, evidence-based treatments for balance and vestibular disorders.
“We understand that dizziness is a huge quality-of-life issue, and giving patients that validation is a significant part of the care we provide. We will use a team approach to get to the bottom of the cause and determine the best course of treatment.”
Christine Greiss, D.O., physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist and Director of the Concussion Program at JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute.
Our rehabilitation specialists work closely with you, your family, and your other care providers to assist with your recovery.
Find a Location for Balance, Dizziness and Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Aftercare Rehabilitation
- Amputee Rehabilitation
- Balance, Dizziness & Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Concussion Rehabilitation
- Driver Rehabilitation Program
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Hearing Loss and Audiology
- Neurological Rehabilitation Services
- Occupational Therapy
- Orthopedic Injury or Surgery Rehabilitation
- Parkinson's Disease Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Post-COVID Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Spasticity Rehabilitation
- Speech Therapy
- Spinal Cord Rehabilitation
- Sports Injuries and Pain Rehabilitation
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Vision Therapy
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- You and Me Autism Program