Hospitals and Emergency Departments
Neptune City, NJ 07753
Jersey Shore University Medical Center
Wait Times Explained: New patients arrive frequently, and some patients require more immediate attention indifferent of when they arrive. Your wait time may differ from what is listed at the time of a patient’s arrival. Wait times represent an average time from arrival to being seen by a clinician.
Wait times are refreshed every 30 minutes. Wait times are provided for informational purposes only and cannot be guaranteed upon arrival. They may remain subject to change at all times without notice. When "NA" is displayed, wait time is unavailable.
- About Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions
- Patient and Visitor Information
- For Health Professionals
- Billing and Insurance
- Classes and Events
- HMH Wayfinding - Digital Navigation Application
Key Phone NumbersMain number: 732-775-5500
Medical Records: 732-776-4241
Outpatient AppointmentsMammography at Jersey Shore Imaging: 732-390-0033
Medical Education at Jersey Shore University Medical Center
We invite medical students and physicians to investigate our residency and fellowship programs where we provide outstanding clinical care, a robust teaching program and an innovative transformational research platform.
Patients should bring the following information when registering for an appointment or hospital stay:
- Advance Directive
- Copay or deductible
- Driver’s license
- Insurance Card
- Medicare/Medicaid card
- Name and Social Security Number of the insured
- Referral forms from your physician (if required by your insurance carrier)
- Referral/Order Guidelines
- Worker’s compensation information (if applicable)
In addition to the information below, Hackensack Meridian Health has also developed a Digital Navigation Application called HMH Wayfinding, to help you more easily navigate parking and other points of interest at our facilities.
Patients and guests can enter the medical center campus from Route 33, following easy access from the Garden State Parkway or Routes 18, 34 and 35 (see detailed directions below). For most outpatient services, you should drive around the loop road to the other side of the hospital. You can also access valet parking, directly, at the A you have pre-registered, you will also check in at this location and can quickly go to your destination in the hospital Amdur Ambulatory Care Center entrance on the east side of the campus. This is also where registration is located.
Patients and guests may also take advantage of our Free Valet Parking service, available at the entrances to the Emergency Department, Amdur Outpatient Center, Northwest Pavilion and the Brennan Building. Simply follow the signs to the valet areas at the Emergency Department, Amdur Outpatient Center, Brennan Building and Northwest Pavilion entrances as you enter the hospital and you will be greeted by one of our friendly valet team members. Wheelchairs and other assistance are also available for patients and visitors with special needs.
Amdur Outpatient Center:
6 a.m. – 5 p.m.
6 a.m. – 9 p.m.
5 a.m. – 9 p.m.
10 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Parking Garage (Level 2):
7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Specialty Care Services Available
- Cancer Center
HOPE Tower at Jersey Shore University Medical Center’s Cancer Center gives you access to highly trained surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, clinical trials, genetic testing and support services, all under one roof.
- Cardiovascular Care
Recognized as a top performing hospital by U.S. News & World Report, our experienced cardiac team has performed more than 20,000 heart surgeries and procedures. More patients come to us for access to treatment options not available anywhere else in the region.
- K. Hovnanian Children’s Hospital
Your family has access to a network of more than 200 pediatric specialists across 30 subspecialties who provide the best children’s specialty care available in New Jersey; including innovative treatments, technology surgical techniques and clinical trials.
- The Neuroscience Institute
We provide the region’s most complete set of neuroscience services for ALS stroke, spine injuries, concussion, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, brain tumors, movement disorders, memory and more; including the region’s only Stroke
Why Choose Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- Leaders in research and clinical trials: Hackensack Meridian Health has more than 350 ongoing clinical trials conducted independently and in partnership with the National Institutes of Health and others, enabling you to be among the first in the world to access potentially life-saving therapies.
- One of the best hospitals in the U.S: We were recently recognized as one of America’s Best Hospitals by Healthgrades, placing us in the top five percent of hospitals in the country for high-quality care.
- Advanced care, close to home: Our board-certified physicians specialize in the latest treatments and technologies and work with your entire care team to build a care plan that caters to your unique concerns, priorities and goals.
- Nationally Recognized Specialties and Procedures & Conditions: In its annual rankings, U.S. News & World Report has recognized our Orthopedics and Pulmonology & Lung Surgery programs as nationally High Performing, and recognized nine procedures and conditions as High Performing, including aortic valve surgery; heart attack; heart bypass surgery; heart failure; stroke; leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma; lung cancer surgery, diabetes and kidney failure.
Helmetta, New Jersey, Woman Gives Back in Honor of the Team That Got Her Back on Her Feet After Stroke, Guillain-Barré Syndrome
Physical rehabilitation helps the body recover after a serious illness or injury, but it can restore much more than physical function. At its best, it also restores independence, confidence and community.